Single Issues Therapy with TalkingPoint Therapy
“Intensive high quality help at the point of need”
Single Issue Therapy is an accelerated programme built around one intensive Psychotherapy appointment, to deliver high quality and effective talking therapy, at the time of need.
What is Single Issue Therapy?
Single Issue Therapy is a therapeutic process designed specifically with the purpose of efficiency; one single face-to-face structured appointment, for one single issue, tailored and delivered in partnership with your Psychotherapist.
This single face-to-face appointment is at the centre of a thorough preparation and follow up structure. Single Issue Therapy is not a one off therapy appointment, but a complete structured process. Emphasis is placed on a mutual agreement that the Psychotherapist and client will aim to isolate the issue, and then agree a resolution, or way forward, during the one face-to-face appointment session.
In the understanding that humans have the capacity to help themselves quickly, Single Issue Therapy works on the basis that change will occur when there is an experienced, knowledgeable and skilled Psychotherapist and a client who has a committed attitude to adapt, going forwards.
What can be achieved?
- Fast results within a clear and pre-agreed time deadline
- Quickly progress clients forward who currently feel stagnant with their issue
- Support and enable clients to take an initial step forward, allowing them to travel the rest of their journey without regular therapy
- Enable clients to see they have the ability to achieve their goals themselves, with just the one face-to-face session to achieve this
- Help clients to select a workable solution to their problem
- Allow clients to road test their solution with a trained therapist
- Develop a tailored action plan and a realistic relapse prevention plan